Sunday, August 17, 2008

Packing for Prague!

So, the summer has been really busy for me, working 40 hours a week at Starbucks and trying to get ready for Prague! I went on a week long backpacking trip at the beginning of August, which was tons of fun! :) Also, I got my wisdom teeth removed about a week ago. I am healing and on my way back to eating solid foods. Hopefully I'll be fully healed soon so that I can enjoy all the culinary wonder that Prague has to offer!

Right now, I am in the process of packing. My friend Lauren and I have been debating on what to bring, including clothing, toiletries, electronics, and everything else... It's a hard decision! We will end up living in Prague without a lot of the things we're normally accustomed to, but then again, my backpacking has prepared me well for this challenge :-D

About a month ago, we were given the official flights that were booked for us:
Arriving: 8/21/08 British Airways D264, Washington depart 11:00 p.m., arrive London 11:25 a.m.
8/22/08 Czech Airlines 0851, London depart 2:40 p.m., arrive Prague 5:45 p.m.
Leaving: 12/10/08 Czech Airlines 0650, Prague depart 12:35 p.m., arrive London 1:45 p.m.
12/10/08 British Airways 0293, London depart 5:00 p.m., arrive Washington 8:05 p.m.

However, we recently received this message from our project coordinator: "Owing to delays the Czech consulate is experiencing with the immigration authorities in Prague, there is a strong possibility we will have to delay our group departure to Prague by one week. We were scheduled to depart next Thursday, August 21 - we would postpone departure to August 28. Nothing is confirmed yet, and we will not know until early next week, after we hear from the Czech Embassy/consular office in D.C. Until then, sit tight, and we'll keep you apprised of developments as we have them."

So we may be leaving a week later! This is nerve raking for me because I want to leave now. On the other hand, leaving a week later would give my mouth more time to heal from the wisdom teeth surgery, and I am nervous that flying on an airplane will somehow affect my teeth. I don't really know. I suppose I just have to go with the flow! ^_^

I'll keep you posted on any more updates as they come in!

No comments: