Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I <3 Prague

Dobry den! I am here in Prague, safe and sound, and have had a blast the last few days... I can't even describe how much I love Praha (Prague) already. It is simply amazing.

We had our first official classes in Prague today, and Dr. Redick is a great teacher. He told us what to expect and we took care of some logistical things. Dr. Kabat is also pretty great, and is the epitome of
a jolly, beer-drinking Czech man! He is really funny and is allowing us to shape the aspects of the courses he's teaching us, depending on what we'd like to learn. Pretty cool.

I have the biggest (and best!) room in our suite, which is freaking amazing! I'd say that it's better than the CNU dorms I've stayed in the past two years, and probably on the same level as the CNU apartments I'll be staying in next semester. In other words, I love it.

Also, I actually really enjoy the food we've had here so far! I actually ate veiner schnitzel the first night we got here, and loved it. The food here is really rich and comes in smaller portions, which I like, but the richness is still a bit overwhelming. Last night we went out to a restaurant in downtown Praha and ordered pizza, which was a nice taste of home J Also, the gelato here is so tasty—definitely my favorite treat!

On Sunday afternoon, my roommates Lauren, Jenna, and I went to walk around Prague, and we visited a mall that was uubber cool. The clothing, jewelry, other goods, etc. are all really expensive... but the food is actually pretty similarly priced to the US. The exchange rate just jumped up from 15.5 CZK for every US dollar to 17.9 CZK since the time we arrived, and will hopefully be getting better still. On Saturday night, my roommates and I made toast, scrambled eggs, and berries for dinner. It was great. Also, beer is cheaper than water here... very odd. Haha! I've already found my favorite beer here: Gambrinus. They even sell it in half pints (for all the girls in the group!)

Also, the group has gotten along amazingly well so far. Yay! The girls are all starting to get chummy with one another, and the boys sometimes accompany to dinner and trips into downtown. All in all, we've got a great group chemistry, which I hope time will improve on even more. I am ecstatic with my experience so far, and am thinking that it will only get better from here!

Leave me a comment and tell me what you think! Na shledanou!

No comments: