Prague is so amazing - the Baroque architecture everywhere I look, the beer that is cheaper than water, the great public transportation system they have here, Dr. Redick's classes (which include many hikes! :), the cool European culture, and the attractive Czech boys...
We've found some cool places in Prague that we love to go; there's this cafe on top of a Cubism Museum (random, isn't it?) that's the perfect place for coffee and studying on Sunday afternoon. Dr. Redick assigns us pretty dense reading, but with class three days a week and four free days a week, we've managed to trudge through it so far. For one of the hardest readings, Martin Buber, Lauren and I read aloud, discussed, and debated until we understood it. Also, the night life is really rich here. You can always find a night club spewing jazz music in Old Town Square. There's a big mall at Namesti Republiky, a metro stop near us. Mustek, another close metro stop, has lots of cafes, restaurants, and shopping. They have a European equivalent to Walmart here, called Tesco, that's great for getting fairly cheap stuff. I just got a backpack there for our next excursion.
I love Prague! I am so glad I came!! In a week, we're leaving for a two week trip to Italy and Greece! We're all very excited about it. Dr. Redick is teaching our lessons in Greece, and he left the Italian lessons to us. We split up into groups and each of us got a city; Lauren, Amanda, and I chose Venice :) So we'll be taking the class to various sites in Venice, going over some background information and prompting class discussions, etc.
In Italy, we're visiting Venice, Florence, and Rome; in Greece, we're visiting Athens, Delphi, and Corinth. We're staying at various hostels along the way, and taking as much as we can carry on our backs! This trip should be fun and interesting, an experience like only Dr. Redick would be able to produce :D
Also, my brother is coming to visit me over fall break, which I can't wait for! We're doing a mini tour of Europe, visiting Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, and Switzerland. If Lauren's mother doesn't visit her during fall break, she'll be joining us.
I love Prague. I wish I could move here. Maybe after graduation? :D
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment